Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12
Young people are a blessing to the Church.
We partner with God as we are led to support young people on their life journey, to uphold them in a rapidly changing world and to care for them as they face the pressures of contemporary culture.
Jesus valued the place of young people in God's Kingdom. They can bring much to the lives of our congregations and communities. Do we encourage them to be involved and do we value their contributions?
Share stories about:
- A time when you have felt that the interaction with the young people in your congregation or community has been particularly powerful
- How you have been inspired or helped in your own faith by a young person
- A time in your youth when you were encouraged to do something or entrusted with responsibility.
- Your own stories and on those you have heard from others
- What it means to be good stewards of our young people
- Whether the young people in the congregation are encouraged to take a full role in the life of the church
- Whether there are opportunities for the church to engage with younger people within the local community.
You might consider:
- Choosing a time to agree practical steps to more fully integrate young people into decision making processes within your church
- Choosing a time to hold an inter-generational event in your congregation, involving people of all ages in the planning stages and delivery
- Choosing a time to engage with community groups working with young people in your area
- Celebrating and sharing the impact of your Youth stories
Contact your Stewardship Consultant for support and resources to support this theme.