The Church of Scotland Yearbook
The Church of Scotland Yearbook (known informally as the Red Book) is an annual directory of the church at local, regional, and national levels.
It contains contact information for ministers, deacons, readers, and ministries development staff, as well as for presbytery clerks and the agencies, committees, and certain staff in the church offices.
The 2021-22 edition also reflects the creation of the new Presbytery of Fife.
The Yearbook contains congregational statistics for every parish, including:
- Number of communicant members
- Number of elders
- Membership numbers of the Church of Scotland Guild
- Parish's income
- Number of young people (under the age of eighteen)
The greater part of the book is in a print edition with the rest of the material found on a number of websites, mainly that of the Church of Scotland. Web addresses are given in the relevant parts of the book.
Where the user of the book is directed to this page on the Church of Scotland's website, the relevant sections are below.
Sections not included in the print edition
- Section 3A: The Minister and Baptism
- Section 3B: The Minister and Marriage
- Section 3C: Conduct of Marriage Services (Code of Good Practice)
- Section 3E: Conduct Of Funeral Services Fees
- Section 3F: Pulpit Supply - Fees And Expenses
- Section 6 O: Ministers Ordained For Sixty Years And Upwards
- Section 7: Legal Names And Scottish Charity Numbers For Presbyteries And Congregations
- Section 8: Church Buildings - Ordnance Survey Grid References
- Section 9A: Parish And Congregations Names No Longer In Use