Jesus said "Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognise that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."
God created us for relationship with one another.
We partner with God as we are led to respond in love to one another, growing with each other in joyous connection while developing and sustaining an environment of peace.
Jesus gave a new commandment: to love one another as he has loved us. Our love for one another demonstrates God's love for us. Do our relationships truly reflect this?
Share stories about:
- How you cultivate meaningful relationships in all areas of your life
- A time when God's nature has been reflected to you through someone else
- A time when you have come across loneliness in your congregation or community.
- Your own stories and on those you have heard from others
- What it means to be good stewards of our relationships
- The challenges of showing God's nature in your own relationships
- How to develop fruitful, healthy and enabling relationships within both the congregation and the community.
You might consider:
- Choosing a time when the church family comes together socially to nurture relationships
- Choosing a regular time to engage with people in your community who might appreciate some company and friendship
- Striking up a conversation with someone you may not normally speak to
- Celebrating and sharing the impact of your Relationship stories.
Contact your Stewardship Consultant for support and resources to support this theme.