Then God said, "Let us make human beings so that they are like us. Let them rule over the fish in the seas and the birds in the sky. Let them rule over the livestock and all the wild animals. And let them rule over all the creatures that move along the ground."
The Earth was given as a gift to us all at creation.
We partner with God as we are led to care for all creatures, to manage Earth's finite resources and to celebrate our wonderful planet.
Genesis 1 indicates that God looked at creation and said it was very good. From the start, we were tasked with caring for this generous gift.
Share stories about:
- The beauty of the Earth and those places you appreciate most
- A time when you have been affected by nature being spoiled
- A time when your practices and views concerning the earth's resources were challenged.
- Your own stories and on those you have heard from others
- What it means to be good stewards of the Earth and its resources
- Your use of the Earth's resources
- How you and your congregation might take steps to be more environmentally friendly and encourage others in this.
You might consider:
- Choosing a time when you do something together to appreciate the Earth
- Choosing a time when you make a positive change to help care for the Earth
- Learning about places which are seriously impacted by environmental issues
- Celebrating and sharing the impact of your Earth stories.
Contact your Stewardship Consultant for support and resources to support this theme.