A Journey of Discipleship
Learn: Elders Conference 2018 was held with an aim to enthuse and inspire current and future elders in the Church of Scotland with a fresh vision of discipleship and to equip them with a good understanding of their roles as office bearers.
The heart-warming and uplifting weekend saw delegates from all over Scotland taking part in workshops, worship, prayer, keynote talks, and fellowship.
I really did not know what to expect. Yet, from Friday night, I found the experience totally uplifting and educational. The choice of keynote speakers was inspirational and there was so much variety in the workshops to learn from. And to soak up experience from other delegates was fantastic - I felt like a sponge!
Keynote Talks on Christian Discipleship
These short videos are the edited version of the conference keynote talks. These will provide an excellent introduction to Christian discipleship and will work perfectly as a training resource for local congregations in pursuing Christian discipleship.
Thank you to Rev Dr Grant Barclay, Rev Gordon Kennedy, Rev Daniel Carmichael, Rev Sally Foster-Fulton, and Rev Norman Smith for their informative and interesting talks.
Thirty workshops providing practical ideas and suggestions for eldership
- Eldership in a Contemporary World
- The Role of Session Clerk
- Being an Elder in Small Congregations
- Young Adults in the Eldership
- When Your Kirk is in Vacancy
- Understanding Local Church Review
- Law matters - Being a Trustee in the Kirk
- Employment Essentials for Congregations
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Stewardship - Resourcing Your Congregations
- Communications - Engaging the Kirk and the Media
- Data Protection
- Engaging Year of Young People 2018
- Seeking the Peace & Unity of the Kirk
- Facilitating Effective Meetings
- Active Listening in Pastoral Care
- Scripture and Prayer on Pastoral Visits
- Developing Learning in Your Congregation
- Conversations in Worship
- Worship and Spiritual Styles
- Faith Formation
- The Work of the Learning Disability Working Group
- Fresh Expressions and Your Kirk
- The Invisible Church
- Your Parish Your World - God's Worldwide Mission
- Not without My Neighbour - Eldership in a Diverse Scotland
- With Refugees - How can My Congregation welcome the Strangers?
- Go For It - Imagining Your Project
- Church and Society - Speak Out
- Introduction to the Mission and Discipleship Council
For more information about the workshops or for any other enquiries, please contact email@example.com
To learn more about Eldership in general, please visit the Elders page.