Vacancies and volunteering
Our current vacancies
- Congregational Learning Development Worker
- Associate Minister, Linlithgow
- Associate Minister, London
List of current vacant charges (20 May 2013)
Read more information about these and other ministries posts. If you wish to advertise your charge in Ministers' Forum, please contact the Editor, Rev Dr John Ferguson
Locally funded posts
The following posts are locally funded and interested parties should be in touch with the designated contact named for each of these posts and not the Ministries Council.
There are no locally funded vacancies advertised at this time.
About our vacancies
Our vacancies include:
- posts within the Church offices in Edinburgh advertised through its Central Services Committee
- posts working overseas advertised through the World Mission Council
- local posts employed by our parishes and presbyteries, which are funded locally, and not through any of the employing agencies of the Church
Vacancies within the social care agency of the Church, CrossReach, are advertised on its own website at www.crossreach.org.uk/vacancies
All parish minister posts are included in the current vacant charges list. You must be an ordained minister of the Church of Scotland or graduate candidate to apply for any of these. Please contact the interim Moderator for each charge to apply.
Ministers of other denominations who may be interested in vacant charges must first contact the Ministries Council for information about admission to Church of Scotland ministry.
Filling a vacant charge - when a charge becomes vacant, an interim moderator and nominating committee are appointed to assist in finding a new minister. For more information and guidelines for both, visit resources for ministries.
The call to ministry - ministry within the Church of Scotland can take a variety of forms. For information on how you can answer a call to one of our ministries and about training and recruitment, visit Ministries in the Church.
Contact for more information
For more information about these posts or to request an application pack to be forwarded to you, please email or phone, quoting the relevant reference number.
- Email: email@example.com
- UK telephone number: 0131 240 2249
- International Telephone: + 44 131 240 2249