Jesus said, "You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill can't be hidden. People don't light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before people in such a way that they will see your good actions and glorify your Father in heaven."
God has blessed us all with a diversity of gifts.
We partner with God as we are led to exercise and share our gifts freely for the growth of the Kingdom, while providing space for all to discover and use their particular gifts, skills and talents.
Romans 12 tells us God has given us the necessary gifts, skills and talents to grow the Kingdom and calls each of us to exercise our gifts as part of the Body of Christ. We may need help to recognise these gifts in ourselves and others.
Share stories about:
- A time when you have been blessed or helped through another person's gifts, skills or talents
- What may have prevented you from using your gifts, skills and talents
- A time when someone encouraged you to use your gifts, skills or talents.
- Your own stories and on those you have heard from others
- What it means to be good stewards of our gifts, skills and talents
- Whether everyone is enabled to discern and exercise their gifts, skills and talents within the life of the congregation
- The range of gifts which are in use within your congregation and community, and also any apparent gaps.
You might consider:
- Choosing a time when you come together to explore how the gifts, skills and talents of your church family might be used more effectively
- Choosing a time when you use your gifts, skills and talents in a new way
- Encouraging someone else to use a gift, skill or talent
- Celebrating and sharing the impact of your Gift stories.
Contact your Stewardship Consultant for support and resources to support this theme.