Guild Annual Gathering to be live-streamed on Saturday from the Assembly Hall
Published on 7 September 2023 2 minutes read
The Guild Annual Gathering will be live-streamed on the Church of Scotland website on Saturday (9 September) as it takes place at the General Assembly Hall in Edinburgh for the second time in a row.
Themed around ‘new wine, new wineskins' (Mark 2:22), guest speakers to the event will include Rt Rev Sally Foster-Fulton, Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, and Professor Jason Leitch, Scotland's National Clinical Director.
Over 900 Guild members are due to attend in person, with around 500 expected online, making it the largest regular event held in the Church of Scotland.
Guild National Convener Helen Eckford invited people to follow proceedings online, saying:
"Come and join the celebration – it's going to be a very special day.
"It will be a chance to celebrate the work of the Guild with our speakers the Moderator, the Rt Rev Sally Foster-Fulton, and Prof Jason Leitch."
A musical interlude will be provided by the Govan Salvation Army Songsters.
Guild Secretary Karen Gillon said:
"After so many years where we were unable to come together in person we are delighted that we are back for the second year at the Assembly Hall.
"It's a chance to meet-up, sing and pray together and above all to celebrate the amazing work of our Guild members."
Rt Rev Sally Foster-Fulton said: "I am so looking forward to sharing time with the Guild, exploring our shared journey and ways we can embrace the possibilities a new day brings.
"The theme 'new wine, new wineskins' resonates with this moment in the Kirk's history."
Watch the live-stream
Join in from home by following the live-stream 11am - 4pm Saturday 9 September.
- Welcome and Opening Worship: National Convener 2022-23, Helen Eckford
- Hymn: Rejoice the Lord is King
- Review of her year: National Convener 2022-23, Helen Eckford
- Hymn: ‘I have a dream' a man once said
- Personal reflections from the Moderator: Rt Rev Sally Foster-Fulton
- Hymn: Womb of life and source of being
- Interaction with livestream venues
- News and Intimations
- Hymn: In my life Lord be glorified, followed by I love you Lord and I lift my voice
- Hymn: As a fire is meant for burning
- Guest speaker: Prof Jason Leitch CBE
- Hymn: Be thou my vision
- Music from the Govan Songsters
- Installation of the new convener: Rae Lind, National Convener 2023-24 by
Rev George Lind
- The year ahead: Rae Lind, National Convener 2023-24
- Hymn: The right hand of God
- Benediction: Rev George Lind