Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Visit the Life and Work website for regular news and exclusive features, including weekly Coronavirus Diaries from Church of Scotland partners around the world. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
During this challenging period, Life and Work is committed to helping keep our Christian community connected. The magazine continues to be published and distributed to our loyal readers. If you need to contact our team, please email editorial enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or all other enquiries to email@example.com.
Current issue: July 2021
- The Church in 2121
- Looking ahead 100 years
- General Assembly
- Six pages of reports and pictures
- ‘Being a Christian Doesn’t Prevent Bad Things’
- Interview with Paul Mitchell, sports broadcaster and Church elder
- Planting for the Future
- The Very Rev Albert Bogle explains how sowing seeds will allow shoots to be shaped for the future
- eXp and Me
- Eleanor Preece, 17, describes her experiences with the Christian youth project in Dunoon and Cowal
- A Wilderness Menu
- The Very Rev Dr Derek Browning shows how God’s hospitality continues in times of both wilderness and plenty
- A Black Isle Church
- John R Hume considers a church with connections to early Christianity
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA