Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
During this challenging period, Life and Work is committed to helping keep our Christian community connected. The magazine continues to be published and distributed to our loyal readers. If you need to contact our team, please email editorial enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or all other enquiries to email@example.com.
This month, we have launched Lockdown Weekly, a free weekly update which we hope will be a useful resource to help people keep in touch with events in the Church of Scotland while churches are shut and many of us are in isolation. Free every Friday to download from the Life and Work website.
Current issue: 2020 July
- A Changing and Changed Church
- How the Church of Scotland has already changed, and how the near future might look for congregations
- Installing a Moderator
- Thomas Baldwin reports on the installation of the new Moderator, and the decisions taken by the Commission of Assembly in the wake of the cancellation of this year's General Assembly.
- Heart and Soul 2020
- Lynne McNeil takes in the virtual Heart and Soul.
- 21st Century Buildings
- The second part in the series looks at two churches that have blended old and new.
- Faith and Evolution
- Continuing the series marking the 50th anniversary of Church of Scotland SRT, Eric Priest, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at St Andrews University, looks at faith-based responses to the theory of evolution.
- 'A Highlight of a Fascinating Town'
- John Hume considers the architecture and history of Linlithgow: St Michael's.
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA