Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: March 2020
- Scotland 2000-2020
- The first in a two-part series looking at how Scotland has changed since the millennium
- Taking Steps of Faith
- Michael Harvey, chief executive of National Weekend of Invitation, describes his journey from a difficult childhood to successful businessman to full-time Christian ministry
- The ‘Ideal Model of a Parish Minister’
- As a new biography is published, a reflection on the life of the Very Rev Dr Nevile Davidson and his transforming work at Glasgow Cathedral
- Changed by Africa
- Reporting on a transforming trip to Zambia by a group from an Edinburgh social enterprise with a church connection
- Stepping into the Unknown
- In the first of a new six-part series, the Rev Martin Johnstone considers ‘life at the edge’
- Change Needs to Happen
- Teenager Danielle Gray highlights some of the struggles facing young people inside and outside Church today
- Being Different
- Ron Ferguson explains why the Church has a vocation to be ‘a holy community of resistance’
- Get Ready
- The Moderator of the General Assembly, the Rt Rev Colin Sinclair urges readers to use Lent to review commitment to Jesus and the Church.
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA