Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum, from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics, and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues; a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life; reviews of the latest books, videos, and Christian resources; and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Visit the Life and Work website for regular news and exclusive features, including weekly Coronavirus Diaries from Church of Scotland partners around the world. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
During this challenging period, Life and Work is committed to helping keep our Christian community connected. The magazine continues to be published and distributed to our loyal readers. If you need to contact our team, please email editorial enquiries to email@example.com or all other enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current issue: May 2022
- General Assembly 2022
- The hidden art treasures in the Assembly Hall
- Interview with the Moderator-Designate, the Rev Iain Greenshields
- ‘No Time for Turning Back’: The Very Rev Dr John Chalmers, convener of the Assembly Trustees, urges the Church to continue the journey of reform
- Assembly reports and timetable
- Marks of Mission
- Continuing the series with the Fourth Mark of Mission: to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- A Privilege and a Joy
- In this month’s youth column, Jamie Sutherland reflects on his experiences after being called to the Eldership at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic
- United by Hope in Times of Crisis
- This year’s appeal for Christian Aid Week
Plus: Prayers and Aid for Ukraine
- Celebrate Digital Church
- The Very Rev Albert Bogle says that as in-person church resumes, it is important that local congregations continue to develop their digital footprint
- East Neuk Churches
- John R Hume reflects on the history of some of the churches around the East Neuk of Fife
- God’s Test
- In the latest of the series on the Lord’s Prayer, David Searle considers temptation
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA