Preparation of any Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans
In the event of an emergency, the level of assistance required to help children/vulnerable adults to evacuate a building is significantly higher than adults. Appropriate planning is essential.
Points to consider include:
- Means to access a room where children/vulnerable adults are sleeping
- Children/vulnerable adults may be more difficult to waken and may require to be roused
- Means to check all children/vulnerable adults have been evacuated safely is essential
- Means to keep children/vulnerable adults warm and dry if evacuated and exposed to the elements
- Means of dealing with the children/vulnerable adults if the evacuation is for a prolonged period of time