Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: June 2019
- Bringing Clean Water and Sanitation
- Jackie Macadam reports on the work of Toilet Twinning and AquAid
- ‘From Jeely Piece to Jane Haining’
- Interview with Mary Miller, author of a new book on the missionary who died in Auschwitz
- Baking Bread
- Continuing the series celebrating 150 years of social care in the Church of Scotland, the Rev Dr Doug Gay visits CrossReach project Threshold.
- Diaconate Spotlight
- A major conference for deacons and deaconesses is returning to Scotland in June
- General Assembly 2019
- Summaries of reports to this year’s Assembly, including the Radical Action Plan
- Disaster and Redemption
- Continuing his series on stories of slavery and freedom in the Bible, the Rev Richard Baxter considers the best-known: the story of Joseph.
- ‘Go On’
- The Very Rev Dr James Simpson reflects on a meeting with Sir Harry Secombe
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA