Prayer and worship during COVID-19
These are challenging times, as we all face an unknown threat while separated from our loved ones. The comfort and strength we draw from prayer is more important than ever, and with churches closed for public services, we are all having to adapt our worship.
We have a number of resources that can help you continue to nurture your faith.
We have suggested readings, activities, ideas to ponder and hymn suggestions for every week of the year. Head over to our Weekly Worship section for some regular inspiration.
Kirk services online
Many church services are going virtual. Find a service near you on our kirk services online page and join in the weekly service from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Find support in prayer
Prayer can often help us through the most difficult times. Church groups across Scotland have been calling on Christians to join together in prayer every Sunday evening at 7pm, and daily prayers are available on our Facebook page. Below, you will find more prayers and advice that you may find helpful.
- Praying in challenging times
- Lord God, Hear our Voices
- Come, Jesus Christ, come my way
- Sermon: If you have Jesus, you have enough
- Come Jesus Christ, come my way
- The Good Shepherd
- The Lord is my Shepherd
- A prayer to provide strength to all those battling COVID-19
- Journey with Jesus, for He is with you
- We journey on
- Sermon: Stop doubting and believe
- Speak the word that stills our fears
- God has not forsaken us
- Things are different now
- Draw on your faith to overcome fear
- God has not abandoned us
- Locked down
- We turn to you, our Father, for we need your help
- With God's help, we will get through this together
- Each day
- For all that is good in life, thank you
- A prayer as we face the coronavirus outbreak