Your rights and choices
The Church of Scotland respects your right to privacy. It is important that you are able to control your personal data. The following statement provides you with details about your rights with personal data:
A Statement About Your Rights With Personal Data
- You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is, or will be, processed.
- You have the right of access to your personal data.
- You have the right to rectify any errors contained in your personal data.
- You have the right to ask for your personal data to be erased from our records.
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to data portability.
- You have the right to object to any aspect of our processing of your personal data.
- You have rights regarding the use of automated decision-making.
You can invoke your rights with the Church of Scotland by making a Subject Access Request (SAR), using the SAR form in this Privacy Centre.
Complain To The Church of Scotland
You have the right to make a complaint about our processing of your personal data. You can make a complaint directly to The Church of Scotland:
Or in writing to:Law Department
The Church of Scotland
121 George Street
Complain To The Regulator
You can make your complaint to the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office ( ICO ), at the following address:Information Commissioner's Office
Or by visiting their website.