This year the Stamp Project proceeds will benefit The Women’s Development Centre (WDC) in Kandy, Sri Lanka which runs a project to support women and girls who have been victims of rape and sexual violence.
The WDC gives these women somewhere to stay, and supports them in caring for their children, helps them return to education if they wish, and trains them in skills they can use to make a living when they leave. The WDC has a social enterprise and café where the women can work and sell their hand-made products.
The team at WDC care for and heal girls who are vulnerable and often discarded by their families. It is impossible not to be moved by what they do. Help support them by collecting used stamps which are then sold on.
You can put up a Stamp Appeal 2020 poster in your church or community building.
How do I contribute to the Stamp Appeal?
You can be part of supporting the work of this project that is changing lives simply by collecting your stamps.
- Post your stamps to World Mission Stamp Project, PO Box 9191, Wishaw, Lanarkshire, ML2 0YB
- Hand-deliver to Keith Scott, 143 Netherton Road, Wishaw, Lanarkshire, ML2 OAR, or contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand-deliver to Glasgow Presbytery Office Monday - Friday between the hours of 9:00-12:30 or 13:30-16:30
- Free courier uplift is available for packages of stamps, which weigh between 10-19kg. Telephone 01698 351323 to arrange for uplift
- If you believe your stamp collection is valuable please arrange for Keith Scott to collect it personally by telephone - 01698 351323