Updates from the Church of Scotland, to help churches manage the Coronavirus/COVID-19 lockdown. This page will be updated when new advice becomes available from NHS Scotland and the UK Government.
Updates to COVID guidance
Our online COVID guidance has now been extensively updated and now includes templates for the integrated approach to Risk Assessment.
End of the Furlough Scheme
The UK Government Furlough Scheme reached its planned end on 30 September 2021. Congregations should ensure that their employees are brought back to their pre-furlough role or any changes to posts that may be required are fully considered. Congregations wishing guidance on this should contact the Law Department (LawDept@churchofscotland.org.uk) using the subject heading "Furlough Scheme".
Church of Scotland COVID-19 Group
A group is meeting on a weekly basis to compile guidance.
- Brian Auld, Assistant Secretary (Safe Buildings), General Trustees
- Graham Biggerstaff, General Trustees (Convener, Safe Buildings, General Trustees)
- Eva Elder, Admin Team Manager, GT's
- Rev Dr John Ferguson, Parish Minister and Clerk to Presbytery of Aberdeen and Shetland
- Rev Bryan Kerr, Parish Minister and Clerk to Presbytery of Lanark
- Mary Macleod, Solicitor of the Church
- Ruth MacLeod, Head of Communications
- Rev Angus R. Mathieson, Partnership Development Secretary
- Rev Dr George Whyte, Principal Clerk