Updates from the Church of Scotland, to help churches manage the Coronavirus/COVID-19 lockdown. This page will be updated when new advice becomes available from NHS Scotland and the UK Government.
Guidance on reshaping church life and reopening and looking after church buildings
Our two-part guidance, Reshaping Church Life and Reopening and Looking after your Church Buildings, has been updated to reflect new requirements that all churches publicly display notices of physical distance-based capacity (PDBC) in their buildings. It is now a legal requirement that all churches display a PDBC. Downloadable posters are available on the Reopening and Looking after your Church Buildings page.
Reshaping Church Life also has several new updates, including new information about meetings and organised groups for adults.
Both of these guidances are continually reviewed and updated to take account of changes to government policy and legislation, so we encourage you to check them on a regular basis.
Church of Scotland COVID-19 Group
A group is meeting on a weekly basis to compile guidance.
- Brian Auld, Assistant Secretary (Safe Buildings), General Trustees
- Graham Biggerstaff, General Trustees (Convener, Safe Buildings, General Trustees)
- Eva Elder, Admin Team Manager, GT’s
- Rev Dr John Ferguson, Parish Minister and Clerk to Presbytery of Aberdeen and Shetland
- Rev Bryan Kerr, Parish Minister and Clerk to Presbytery of Lanark
- Mary Macleod, Solicitor of the Church
- Ruth MacLeod, Head of Communications
- Rev Angus R. Mathieson, Interim Head, Faith Nurture
- Rev Dr George Whyte, Principal Clerk