Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: October 2019
- Do Not Be Afraid
- Reflections on partnerships with overseas churches
- Man With a Mission
- Pioneer Minister and Author, the Rev Dr Liam Fraser
- Every Day is a Blessing
- The Church of Scotland's Pioneer Ministers reflect on their roles
- CrossReach Rescued Me
- Continuing the celebration of 150 years of social care in the Church, we hear from some of those who have been helped by CrossReach counselling services
- Friendships and Memories Will Remain
- Hannah Dunlop reports from the final National Youth Assembly
- Every Place of Worship a Place of Hope
- Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Church-backed conciliation charity, Place for Hope
- Free at Last
- The Rev Richard Baxter concludes his series themed on slavery by looking at how former slaves react to freedom
Plus all the regular columnists, news, reviews, letters, registers and crosswords.
Subscribe online from £12, or download a digital copy for £1.99; or speak to your church’s Life and Work co-ordinator.
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA