Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: July 2019
- Holiday Club Mission
- The churches engaging with children during the school holidays
- A Radical Week
- Eleven pages of reports, pictures and opinion from the General Assembly, fringe and Heart and Soul
- ‘God’s Gift to this Beautiful, Damaged World’
- Interview with Eco-Congregation Scotland Chaplain, the Rev David Coleman
- ‘An Irreverently Joyful Prophet for Our Time’
- Ron Ferguson pays tribute to Jean Vanier
- A Very Powerful Experience
- Bethany Pringle reflects on the gifts of the National Youth Assembly ahead of this year’s event in August
- Healing Legion
- The Rev Richard Baxter examines the healing of Legion and his freedom from the slavery of ill-health
- Single Use Habit
- The Very Rev Dr John Chalmers examines the need for us to change our consumer habits
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA