Life and Work
Life and Work is the magazine of the Church of Scotland. In a history spanning over 140 years, it has established itself as the voice of the Church of Scotland.
Though firmly rooted in the affairs of the Kirk, it also aims to cover a broad range of subjects of interest to church-goers across the spectrum from international affairs and British political and social issues to science, ethics and the arts.
Each monthly issue includes a forum for views on current social and moral issues, a monthly meditation and regular articles on the spiritual side of life, reviews of the latest books, videos and Christian resources, and regular features on the Church worldwide.
Our subscription service offers you the convenience of having Life and Work magazine delivered direct to your door or any digital device; you can also arrange a gift subscription. Free Gaelic supplements are also available.
Current issue: April 2019
- Biblical Animals
- As the humble donkey takes centre stage on Palm Sunday, Jackie Macadam focuses on the stories of the animals in the Bible.
- ‘All We Need to Know’
- Journey through Holy Week with the Moderator of the General Assembly
- God is the Heart
- Interview with vicar and author the Rev Dr Sam Wells
- 150 Years of Care
- Continuing to celebrate the Church of Scotland’s care legacy, Thomas Baldwin hears about the work of The Bungalow, an award-winning home for adults with multiple and profound disabilities
- Youth Column
- Connor Macfadyen describes his faith journey
- Walking Together With the Guild
- A new project bridging the generations
- Power and Powerlessness
- Continuing his series on themes of slavery in the Bible, the Rev Richard Baxter emphasises the importance of grace
- Making the Most of Lent
- The Very Rev Dr John Chalmers reminds us of the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness
Contact Life and Work
One of the magazine's most important elements is reader feedback. Our letters pages are among the liveliest in the magazine business, and are very revealing about general attitudes both within and beyond the Church. We actively encourage letters, but do ask that they are kept succinct (and not without humour), so we can publish as many as possible.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0131 225 5722
- Write: Life and Work, 121 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4YN
Advertise in Life and Work
To place an advertisement in Life and Work, please contact our advertisers:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0141 204 2042
- Fax: 0141 204 2043
- Write: Publicity, Suite 4b Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA