At the heart. On the edge.
We invite you to a day of theology, ideas, solutions and support for re-imagining Church.
This event is hosted by Rev Joanne Hood, Minister of St John's Parish Church of Scotland, and Rev Dr Sam Wells, Vicar of St Martin-in-the-Fields. A programme has been developed jointly by St John's Church and St Martin’s.
Among those contributing are: The Very Rev Ian Barcroft, Rev Ross Blackman, Rev Liz Crumlish, Revd Jonathan Evens, Rev Dr Doug Gay, Kenneth Johnston, The Most Revd Mark Strange, Andy Turner and Rev Dr George Whyte. The event also features Rev Dr Robin Hill on ‘Sing with the Swing Band’.
The day, to be held at St John's Church on Wednesday 6 February 10 am to 3.30 pm, will introduce: HeartEdge, which is a growing ecumenical network of churches and other organisations working across the UK and overseas, initiated by St Martin-in-the-Fields. HeartEdge aims to catalyse Kingdom Communities:
- For those working at the heart of commerce, culture and community
- With those at the margins and on the edge
- Building association, learning, development and resource.
Learn more about HeartEdge
The day will also explore, with contributions from local churches, mission and ministry in relation to the four pillars of HeartEdge:
- Congregation – Liturgy and worship for day-to-day communal life – gathered and local
- Commerce – Starting and sustaining distinctive enterprise to generate finance for your church
- Compassion – Growing participation and volunteering to address social need locally
- Culture – Using art, music and performance to reimagine the Christian narrative in your context
We very much hope you can come to this exciting day of mutual learning and development.
Book your place now on Eventbrite
This event is free.
Date: Wednesday 6th February (10:00 - 15:30)
Venue: St John's Parish Church of Scotland, Duke Street, Hamilton, ML3 7DT