Same sex marriage
The Legal Questions Committee of The Church of Scotland responded to the Scottish Government’s document, 'The Registration of Civil Partnerships, Same Sex Marriage' on 1 December 2011.
At the same time, the Church issued a press release, summarising its response. Shortly afterwards, the Convener of the Legal Questions Committee, the Rev Alan Hamilton, issued a further statement to emphasise some of the points made in the response.
For convenience, all these documents, plus any further supporting material the Church produces, can be found on this page.
- Consultation response 19 March 2013
- Press Release: Church re-iterates position on same sex marriage 12 December 2012
- Press Release: Church re-iterates position on same sex marriage 25 July 2012
- Convener of Legal Questions Committee comments on response to same sex marriage consultation 8 Dec 2011
- Full Consultation response 1 December 2011
- Press Release: The Church of Scotland response to same sex marriage consultation 1 December 2011