Health and well-being
Health and Ministry
In 2014 the Church and Society Council produced a discussion points leaflet entitled Why Health Matters for Ministry- this can be used for congregations to engage with issues relating to health and healing in a faith context.
There are other resources to help congregations link their healing work with the local community. Faith in Community Scotland has published Faith Endeavours: How public agencies and faith communities can work better together.
- Mental Health - read the Church and Society report to the General Assembly 2011
- Mental Health: discussion starters.
- Bible study: Is your Church 'Mental Health Friendly'?
- Premier Mind and Soul: Exploring Christianity and mental health
- Scotland's Mental Health First Aid Course
- 'See Me': Scotland's national campaign to end the stigma and discrimination of mental ill-health
Suicide among young men
- Short booklet for Kirk Session use: Suicide Handbook
- Suicide among young men: the Church as a community of carers - read the Church and Society report to the General Assembly 2011
- Watch a video clip on YouTube introducing this report at www.youtube.com
- Dare 2 Hope is a one hour play by Cutting edge Theatre productions. It explores the difficult issue of suicide and is suitable for Secondary Schools and groups of young people. It can be booked along with a one hour workshop and teacher's Pack; churches or Presbyteries could consider sponsoring this for their local schools.