What it is all about…
The Moderator's Medal is a competition to encourage young people to think about spirituality, faith and belief.
The Prize: will be awarded to the winning person or group whose entry shows creativity and thought in expressing issues relating to spirituality, faith and belief on this year's theme which is 'Peace'.
Entries are welcomed from any young person(s) regardless of his/her faith or religious tradition.
Entries can be connected with a school, youth club, church youth group, boy/girls brigade etc.
- Entries can come from young people aged 10 to 18 living in Scotland
- From individuals or groups of up to four people
- Welcome from any young person(s) regardless of his/her faith or religious tradition
- Entries can be connected with a school, youth club, church youth group, boy/girls brigade etc
Entries must be in the format of an essay or a poem or a storyboard.
There are three age categories…
- 10 - 13
- 14 - 15
- 16 - 18
How to enter
Entries must be made by the end of March either by post or email to Agnes Mullen:
Moderator's Medal Competition
Church and Society Council
Church of Scotland
121 George Street
Entries must include:
- Name(s) of the authors
- Contact information
- Which age category
- Which school, youth club, or organisation you belong to
- In each age category there will be a winner and two runners up
- Winners receive £100 (if it is a group the prize will be shared equally)
- Book tokens worth £100 will be given to the winner's school or youth club, etc…
- Winners also receive the Moderator's Medal!
- Runners up will receive a prize of £25
- Winners and runners up will also receive a certificate
Judging and prize giving
Entries will be short listed and presented to our panel of judges
Winners and runners up will be invited to a prize giving ceremony at the General Assembly in May in Edinburgh!
A leaflet with further information can be found on our resources section.