- PCS is traditionally based amongst Chinese and expatriate English speaking communities
- It traces its origins back to 1829, when Benjamin Keasberry, an English Presbyterian, came to Singapore to work among Malay-speaking people
- The Singapore Presbyterian Synod was formed in January 1901, and in 1968 the name was changed to 'Synod of the Presbyterian Church in Malaysia and Singapore'
- After Singapore separated from Malaysia in1965, the Synod decided in January 1975 to operate as 2 Synods namely the Presbyterian Church in Singapore and the Gereja Presbyterian Malaysia
- The PCS is a major contributor to the work of the wider Presbyterian community in south-east Asia through its work as a founder member of Trinity Theological College