Mozambique

Partner Church

Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique (IECM)

Partnership History

  • IECM began as an outpost of the Blantyre Mission in Malawi based at Mehicani in the 1920s
  • An earlier attempt to begin Scottish missionary work failed in 1898 due to political difficulties of operating in Portuguese territory
  • Contact was almost completely lost during the Mozambique Civil War 1977-1992 until the partnership was renewed in the 1980s

To see some photographs of our work in Mozambique please visit our Flickr account.