Presbyterian Reformed Church in Cuba (PRCC)
- PRCC began in 1890 when a small group of Presbyterians began to meet in Havana
- They asked PCUSA to send them a missionary, and the First Presbyterian Church in Havana was established that year with the first ordained Cuban Presbyterian pastor
- In 1895 the church had to close because of the Cuban War of Independence against Spain
- In 1900 Protestant missionaries arrived in Cuba, at the time of US intervention in the war, and re-initiated the work of the Presbyterian Church
- After the Cuban Revolution (1959), the church lost its schools and membership diminished
- It became an independent church in 1967 while maintaining a relationship with PCUSA
- It has 15,000 members, organised into three presbyteries and a synod
Twinnings and Partners
In 2014, The Moderator of the Church of Scotland wrote to William Haig, following the adoption of a WCC resolution, asking for his support for improved US-Cuba relations and lifting of sanctions.
To see some photographs of our work in Cuba please visit our Flickr account.