This year the World Mission Council's Stamp Appeal will support centres for young people with learning difficulties and disabilities in the Ukraine.
These centers are supported by our partners the Ukrainian Reformed Church in Transcarpathia, and provide valuable support to children and young people who are living with disabilities. Thanks to the centers, young people are given the opportunity to thrive, to make friends, and to take part in a range of activities. Therapists who work at the center offer either individual or group therapies, which include educational activities (writing and reading), massages, games, music, craft work, walks and games.The families of the young people are also given support, and an opportunity to meet other parents who are caring for a child or young person with a disability.
There are three centers in total, with approximately 50 children and young people receiving support. The centers are open five days a week, although the fifth day is set aside for programme planning and support for parents. A special programme for teenagers is held once a week, providing opportunities to socialise and enjoy a range of activities.
Sadly, there is little support for people living with disabilities in the Ukraine. This means that many children and young people with disabilities do not have the facilities they need to reach their full potential. The Ukrainian Reformed Church is convinced that each of these children can participate fully in society, if they are given the care and education they need. Having access to these centres means that these young people are given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Supporting this project is easy. All you have to do it collect the stamps you receive in the post, and send them to us. The money raised will go towards this project which helps children and young people with disabilities live life to the full. Details of how to send your stamps are found below.
How to contribute
- Post your stamps to World Mission Stamp Project, PO Box 9191, Wishaw, Lanarkshire, ML2 0YB
- Hand-deliver to Keith Scott, 143 Netherton Road, Wishaw, Lanarkshire, ML2 OAR, or contact by email - email@example.com
- Hand-deliver to Glasgow Presbytery Office Mon-Fri between the hours of 9-12.30pm/1.30-4.30pm
- Free courier uplift is available for packages of stamps, which weigh between 10-19kg. Telephone 01698 351323 to arrange for uplift
- If you believe your stamp collection is valuable please arrange for Keith Scott to collect it personally by telephone - 01698 351323