About Priority Areas
The Priority Areas Committee is one of the four main areas of the Ministries Council. It is responsible for the support, development and coordination of the Church's work within its poorest 56 communities.
'priority for the poorest and the most marginalised is the gospel imperative facing the whole Church, not just the Church in the poorest places'
'a reinvigorated and sustainable worshipping people and community life in all 56 priority area parishes'
Our core principles
- Priority must mean priority
- Accountability to the local
- Partnership is the only way
- Priority areas are good places to be
- Engaging with Wider Church & Society
- Developing New Models of Church Life
- Supporting New Models of Community Life
- We need to sort out the problem of buildings
- Our structures and processes need to be simplified
- We want to take our work right to the margins
- Worship must be at the heart of what we do
- We want to tackle causes not just symptoms
- We need to be intentional about supporting leaders
- The time is right to extend our support
Priority area parishes
Priority Areas Annual Report 2013
Read our Annual Report reviewing the work in Priority Areas in 2013
Priority Areas action plan 2010 to 2017
Read our Action Plan for the work of priority areas over the next seven years here.
To find out more about our work, please email us at or contact us at:
Church of Scotland Ministries Council, Glasgow offices, 759a Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8DS, Telephone: 0141 248 2905.