The Church works in many countries worldwide, through its World Mission Council, usually on a basis of partnership with national churches and institutions. This is always with a view to involving our members in Scotland in the development of this work.
World Mission Council recruits mission partners in response to requests received from our partner churches in Malawi, Zambia, Bangladesh, Nepal, China, Israel/Palestine and Pakistan. Our partner churches are involved in quite specific projects and often ask for highly skilled and experienced people from such professions as ministers, lecturers, nurses, doctors and teachers. You can visit our section on working overseas for information on mission partners' recruitment and current vacancies with some of our global partners.
Members of the Church also serve with other agencies overseas. We ask that you include prayers for such work and witness in your worship.
Mission partners' blogs
Some of our mission partners write blogs about their work and experiences:
- Joel Githinji in Nepal http://joelgithinji.blogspot.com
- Colin Johnston in Israel / Palestine http://colinintiberias.blogspot.com
- David & Rebecca Morton in Malawi davidrebeccamorton.wordpress.com
- George Shand in Israel / Palestine http://georgeshand.wordpress.com
- Ida and Keith Waddell in Zambia http://idaandkeith.blogspot.com
- Tabeetha School in Jaffa has a blog at: http://tabeethaschool.blogspot.com
Our work with partner churches and organisations
You can read more about where in the world we work and about the work of our partner churches and mission partners:
- Africa - Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Sudan, Malawi, Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Nigeria
- Americas - the Bahamas, Guyana, Bermuda, Jamaica, Cuba, Trinidad
- Asia - Bangladesh, Nepal, China, Pakistan, India, Singapore, Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Burma, Myanmar, Thailand
- Middle East - Egypt, Lebanon and Syria
- Israel and Palestine - this includes information and advice on visiting the Scot's Hotel in Tiberias.