National Stewardship Programme
The General Assembly welcomed the proposals from the Council of Assembly for a national stewardship programme:
- Agreed that the programme include a letter from the Moderator to every member of the Church
- Agreed that there be national publicity for the programme
- Instructed Presbyteries to instruct their congregations to participate in this programme
Why are we embarking on this programme?
- We give our time, talent and money to enable the worship, mission and service of the Church.
- Our giving is an essential part of our commitment to Christ and his Church.
- Greater generosity will mean more sharing of the gospel through the work of the Church – local, national, global.
- The programme is an invitation to review our giving for the work of the Church.
Features of the programme
- Involve all congregations
- Several programme options
- Flexible timescale
- Move towards Christian stewardship being part of the life and culture of every congregation
Please remember …
- Stewardship programmes are tools to help congregations.
- Congregations need to be enthusiastic about what they are doing when they embark on a stewardship programme.
- Stewardship programmes need to be linked to the congregation’s vision – where they believe God is calling their congregation to be.
For further information from the Head of Stewardship contact
- Information pack
- Leaflet for every home
- Creating and developing a Stewardship Season in your congregation
- Giving for Growth Templates for the Giving for Growth programme are available on request from the department.
- Gift Aid: Your offering
Bible studies and worship resources
- Stewardship bible studies
- Stewardship worship resources
- Stewardship and Finance report on Christian Giving
- 'Christian giving is sacrifical giving'
For congregations in the Presbyteries of Edinburgh, West Lothian, Lothian, Melrose and Peebles, Duns, Jedburgh:
- Margot Robertson: Telephone: 01620 893459
For congregations in the Presbyteries of Annandale and Eskdale, Dumfries and Kirkcudbright, Wigtown and Stranraer, Ayr, Irvine and Kilmarnock, Ardrossan, Lanark, Greenock and Paisley, Hamilton:
- Edith Scott: Telephone: 01357 520503
For congregations in the Presbyteries of Glasgow, Dumbarton, Argyll, Stirling, Lochaber:
- Stuart Sangster: Telephone: 01360 622302
For congregations in the Presbyteries of Falkirk, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, St Andrews, Dunkeld and Meigle, Perth, Dundee:
- Sandra Holt: Telephone: 07807477682
For congregations in the Presbyteries of Angus, Aberdeen, Kincardine and Deeside, Gordon, Buchan, Moray, Abernethy, Inverness:
- Fiona Penny: Telephone: 01771 653442
Congregations in other Presbyteries
- Contact the Head of Stewardship at the Church Offices in the first instance, email Alan Gibson.