These resources are provided for those involved in the ministries of the Church. All forms are provided in Word format, as well as PDF.
- Postgraduate study
- Study leave forms
- Appraisal forms
- Candidates, probationers and supervisors handbooks and reporting forms
- Interim Moderators and nominating committees
- Manse condition schedule
- Accompanied Review process
The Ministries Council has approved various postgraduate courses for study leave in the past, including D.Min courses offered by St Andrews and Princeton, by the Highland Theological College, and M.Th courses offered by Glasgow and Edinburgh Universities among others.
The American Memorial Chapel Travel Grant
This is a grant available to members of the clergy of all denominations to fund travel to the United States. Travel might be undertaken to complete some research, gain some practical experience or share ideas and make useful contacts. The criteria are quite general and the panel is simply looking for applicants with projects that will make an impact. The grant is being administered by Ripon College Cuddesdon and the following link takes you to their website where there is information about the grant and an application can be downloaded here.
Study leave forms for Ministers and Parish Staff
Study leave application forms
- Ministers study leave application form
Ministers study leave application form
- Parish staff study leave application form
Parish staff study leave application form
Study leave claim forms
- Claim for refund of expenses form
Claim for refund of expenses form
- Claim for refund of pulpit supply form
Claim for refund of pulpit supply form
These appraisal forms and guidance notes are for use by teams which include Ministries Council Presbytery and Parish Workers. The appraisal process should not be undertaken until the relevant training has been received. Any queries about this should be made to Anne Law, Ministries Support Officer in the Ministries Council, email email@example.com.
- Guidance Note for Appraisers
- Guidance Note for Appraisees
- Pre appraisal form
Pre appraisal form
- Interim review form
Interim review form
- Appraisal form
Candidates, probationers and supervisors
You can download handbooks and reporting forms for candidates and probationers in a range of ministries of the Church of Scotland.
- Candidates handbook
- Probationers handbook
- Candidates handbook diaconal
- Supervisor's handbook
- Interim placement report
- Learning and serving covenant probation
- Candidate final placement report
- Supervisor placement appraisal
Full-time Word and Sacrament: probationers and candidates
Learning and Serving Covenant:
Probationary placement reports:
- Final probationary placement report - candidate appraisal
- Final probationary placement report - supervisor appraisal
Interim Moderators and nominating committees
Information for interim Moderators and nominating committees appointed to assist in filling a vacant charge.
- Guidelines for interim Moderators
- Guideline appendices for interim Moderators
- Advice for nominating committees
Manse condition schedule
The manse condition schedule, along with guidelines and regulations for manses, is for assisting congregations in keeping up to date with the maintenance and repair of manses. More information about manses is in our Building and property resources.
The handbook for those training for the ministry of readership includes information on the role of readers, training for the role and presbytery responsibilities.
- Readership handbook
- Appendix 1: Course fee reimbursement form
Appendix 1: Course fee reimbursement form
- Appendix 2: Placement report form R1
Appendix 2: Placement report form R1
- Appendix 3:Readership placement guidance for supervisors
- Appendix 4: XVII Readership Act
- Appendix 5: Final preaching assessment - Assessor Guidance
- Appendix 6: Final preaching assessment report - completion guide
Appendix 6: Final preaching assessment report - completion guide
- Appendix 7: Final preaching assessment - areas for evaluation
Appendix 7: Final preaching assessment - areas for evaluation
- Appendix 8: Final preaching assessment - template
Appendix 8: Final preaching assessment - template
The Accompanied Review process helps those engaged in the ministries of the Church to review their experiences.