Rooted In The Church
Rooted in the Church offers a snapshot of what has helped the seeds of faith take root and grow in young people within the Church of England. Alongside this, it signposts how congregations can make churches a more fertile place for the growth and flourishing of young Christians.
- Churches should aim to build a culture of intergenerational relationships
- Churches should be inclusive of all ages in both leadership and worship
- Churches should recognise young people and young adults as equal members of the Body of Christ
- Churches should be encouraged to explore the possibility of admitting baptised children to Communion before Confirmation
- Churches should become unconditionally welcoming places for young people
- Churches need to do more to support their youth workers and leaders