Mission Partner - Head of Legal Department and Access to Justice Programme Manager - Malawi
Mission Partner – Head of Legal Department and Access to Justice Programme Manager Church and Society Programme (CSP), Synod of Livingstonia, Church of Central Africa Presbyterian World Mission Council Based in Mzuzu, Malawi
An exciting opportunity has arisen within The Church and Society Programme (CSP) based in the North of Malawi within the Synod of Livingstonia who seeks to promote the rule of law and access to justice in Malawi.
We are looking for a Mission Partner who will play an integral role:
- in implementing human rights projects on trafficking, GBV and child protection;
- assisting people with their legal and human rights cases including sexual violence, family, employment including domestic workers, witchcraft, land, unlawful detention and torture through mediation and litigation, using the formal law as well as customary law; and
- working with the courts and law enforcement agencies to support their work as well as with the chiefs, community groups and community paralegals and all other stakeholders including teachers, health professionals and religious leaders.
You will work with the CSP at a grassroots level to bring meaningful change to Malawian society on an incremental basis. At the same time information and lessons learnt will be used by CSP to advocate for increased access to justice and a focus on the rule of law in Malawi.
As a qualified lawyer you must have relevant practicing experience and be able to demonstrate first class verbal and written communication skills in English and across cultures along with the ability to cultivate strong networks and build partnerships.
Applicants are required to be a committed Christian, with a live church connection (This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Equality Act 2010.)
- Job description
- World Mission Employment Application Form A
- World Mission Employment Application Form B
The closing date for all applications is 12 noon on Monday, 9 October 2017. Interviews will be held in Edinburgh the week of 23rd October 2017.
The Church of Scotland is a charity registered in Scotland SC011353.