Mouswald Church, Dumfries
Offers in the Region of £40,000
Beautifully situated traditional, detached single storey church building, in the small hamlet of Mouswald. The building is thought to have been built in its current form around 1800, the site having been established as a place of worship in the 13th Century.
The subjects comprise the former sanctuary area with entrance vestibule and small vestry area, all at ground level. The building is of rectangular shape with a modest, plain octagonal shaped bell tower. To the rear of the subjects is a single-storey outshoot again constructed in solid stone which is surmounted by a pitched and hipped slated roof structure which sits behind a parapet wall. The floors are noted to be either of solid construction or suspended timber construction overlaid with quarry tiling.
The subjects are situated within the hamlet of Mouswald which is a small rural community lying approximately 1 mile inland from the coastline of the Solway firth. Mouswald lies slightly back from the B724 which forms part of Galloway tourist route running between Annan in the east to Dumfries to the west and consists of a handful of residential properties. There are good transport links with the A75 trunk road lying to the north west which links the M74 and M6 motorways with Dumfries and provides onward connections to Stranraer.