Melville South Church is located on the east side of Castle Street in close proximity to the historic town centre of Montrose.
A substantial and traditional building, the church was constructed in 1861 and is a category C listed building. The church has a number of Gothic features such as pointed-arch windows with trefoil traceries, and an entrance tower /steeple.
The accommodation comprises; a place of worship with ancillary halls, meeting rooms, and office, vestry, and kitchen and WC facilities. The church has been extended in more recent years with two large modern concrete and harled halls to the rear.
Montrose is the most northerly of the Angus coastal towns and lies approximately 30 miles north of Dundee and 30 miles south of Aberdeen. The town has a population of approximately 11,000 and is an important commercial port for the oil and gas industries. It is also an important service and employment centre for the north-east of Angus area. The town and surrounding area offers an abundance of social and leisure pursuits for all age groups and is an excellent environment in which to live. Facilities in the town include a mainline railway station, museum, primary schools, a high school, supermarkets and a library.