Lumphanan Church and Manse
Offers over £400,000Church under offer
The subjects comprise a detached “C” listed former Church and separate “C” listed detached, two storey, former manse situated on the outskirts of the village of Lumphanan.
The church, formerly known as “Stothert Memorial church”, was erected circa 1870 and is stone-built, part rendered with a pitched and slated roof. There is a traditional clock and bell tower with a church spire at the front.
The church accommodation consists of an entrance vestibule, nave, rear hallway and toilets. It also benefits from former stables which have been split into several rooms with a garage being formed at one end. The graveyard adjacent to the property is within the ownership of the sellers however, this will be formally transferred to the Local Authority prior to completion of any sale.
The former manse is of traditional construction and lies immediately to the east of the church. Its accommodation comprises entrance vestibule, hallway, drawing room, dining room, kitchen, bedroom/study, master bedroom with dressing room, 3 bedrooms, cloakroom with W.C. and wash-hand basin, bathroom and porch all over 2 floors. The manse benefits from adjacent garden ground.
Access is by way of an access road leading from the main public road through to the rear of the manse and into the road. This access road is also shared between the church and manse. Both properties occupy an attractive elevated position benefiting from open views over the village.
Lumphanan is located approximately 26 miles west of Aberdeen city centre and is within easy reach of the nearby towns of Banchory and Aboyne where there is a comprehensive range of shops and several excellent hotels and restaurants. Primary education is catered for in the village with a secondary education available at Aboyne Academy with a school bus service in operation. There are also a range of leisure pursuits including a 9 hole golf course, new club house within Lumphanan and a Community Centre/Sports Centre with swimming pool in nearby Aboyne.