Social Care Council
The Church's Social Care Council carries out its work under the name of CrossReach. Its remit is to provide social care services in Christ's name and specialist resources to further the caring work of the Church to people in need, such as the elderly, children, families and those with learning difficulties. It also helps to identify areas of need and to guide the Church in pioneering new approaches to relevant problems in society and to make responses on issues arising in the council's areas of concern.
Although CrossReach is part of the Church of Scotland, its range of services is available to people of all faiths and to those with none at all. We employ more than 2,000 staff and we support some of the most vulnerable people in Scotland. It was launched in 2005 but continues the Church's long tradition of providing care and support which started back in 1869. Less than one per cent of its funding comes directly from the Church of Scotland, and most comes from local authorities with donations and legacies essential to help continue the vital work.
You can find out more about CrossReach's work by visiting its own website at www.crossreach.org.uk .
There are 31 members of the Social Care Council. 28 are appointed by the General Assembly with a convener and two vice conveners. The convener is Dr Sally Bonnar. Rev Dr Richard Frazer and Ian Huggan are vice conveners of the council.
- Chief Executive Officer: Peter Bailey email@example.com, Tel: 0131 657 2000
- Director of Older People's Services: Marlene Smith firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01698 464020
- Director of Adult Services: Calum Murray email@example.com Tel: 01738 783200
- Director of Children and Families Services: Viv Dickenson Tel: 0131 657 2000
- Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development: Mari Rennie firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0131 657 2000
- Director of Finance: Ian Wauchope email@example.com Tel: 0131 657 2000
- Director of Estates and Health and Safety: David Reid firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:0131 657 2000
Stewardship Programme Information
Are you looking for information about CrossReach for your church's Stewardship Programme?
We will be happy to supply you with posters/information leaflets and to discuss any other requirements (e.g. speakers or display stands) you may have.
Contact: Rev Alan Gibson Head of stewardship at 121 George Street.
Contact for more information
Email us at email@example.com or contact us at:
The Social Care Council (CrossReach) Charis House 47 Milton Road East Edinburgh EH15 2SR Telephone/fax: 0131 657 2000